Monday, July 8, 2013

A little snafu...

About a month ago, I had a milestone birthday.  We'll just say Medicare is my new health insurance plan.  (How did that happen?)  And one month ago today I put my new insurance to the test as my appendix ruptured.  Happy Birthday to me!  I had emergency surgery in the wee hours of the night and am very lucky to be alive.  I am on the mend but it is taking much longer than I expected.

This week I finally got back my need to sew.  I decided to start with something simple...a small bathroom curtain.  I am very conservative when it comes to home decorating.  Most all of my windows have white curtains of some sort.  Here is the before picture in the bathroom.

 
Here is the painting (by my daughter when she was in college) that was my color inspiration.


And here is the fabric I used...a Sarah Feilke print and Liberty print.


And here is the final result...in daylight:


...and at night:


My whole family will be visiting next week.  It will be fun to see if I get any reactions to my daring decorating move!

:o)


5 comments:

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

Cute curtain! Love the wood work on the window.

Stephanie said...

Happy Healing! Things like that just shouldn't happen at a "certain age." Happy Belated Birthday. Perhaps being of Medicare age has inspired you to "dare to be different." Love the color scheme.

Karen said...

Your curtain looks lovely. Gorgeous fabrics and colours. Well done!
I am so sorry to read about your surgery, but am so pleased that you have recovered well enough to sew.
Keep well and no more sewing interruptions please that involve trips to hospital!

Shannon said...

I hope you are back and going strong soon. I love your curtain. I also love the spider in the window!

Carol E. said...

Beautiful window AND curtain! Ruptured appendix sounds awful and scary. Glad you're getting better.