Monday, March 17, 2014

Yale's Quilt

Hello, my dear blog friends!!  It's been three months since I posted.  I have had very little free time since the beginning of the year for various reasons.  I had to choose between blogging and sewing when I got a minute.  I chose sewing.  Now things might be slightly less crazy, and I am trying to get some balance back in my life.  I am hoping to post more often.

I have a new grandson!  The little guy arrived on his February 25th due date, and I got to spend over a week with him and with his family.  He is such a good baby and, of course, he stole our hearts from the beginning.  His mommy (aka, my daughter), his daddy and his two older sisters are quite happy to have him in the family.

I took lots of pictures of his quilt in the making of it but never got to my blog to show you.  So here it goes.  If you recall, here are the fabrics I used.


I first cut squares of some of the fabric and arranged the basic layout of the quilt.


Then I added the pizzazz...the red corners


The fun backing...


The multi-striped binding...


And voila!


Taking pictures in the winter...finding natural light in the house...


Recording the obligatory 'crinkly after the first washing' look...


And finally making the matching little pillow!


I am happy with the results.  Baby's mom and dad are too.  The finished size is 42 by 48 so the quilt can be used in various ways for a couple of years hopefully.

Thanks for stopping by!  I've missed you!

:o)

6 comments:

Nancy J said...

Lovely to see you again Linda, Congrats on the new arrival, and what a joyous and bright quilt, I agree, so good for years to come, Enjoy. Cheers, Jean.

Sheila said...

I missed you : )
Congratulations! A new baby. Your baby quilt is cute as a button. Love those fabrics.

Stephanie said...

Congratulations!! Adorable quilt.

Exuberant Color said...

the baby quilt is cute, glad he is a good baby. he will love his big sister entertaining him.

Karen said...

That is so exciting. Congratulations to you and your family on this wonderful news.
You have every excuse to be busy when this happens.
It is lovely to see your quilt, too. It looks wonderful. Just perfect for this new baby!!

Kim @ TiesThatBindQuilting said...

So cute! What a great boy quilt!